Pages

Help us get this off the ground. Every little bit helps.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

What A Great Blue and Gold!

We had a great Blue and Gold Banquet on Friday!  As many already know, the Blue and Gold is the celebration by the Cub Scouts of the birthday of Scouting.  As we move into the 101st year of scouting I am amazed at the history I am allowed to be a part of.

For our B&G I had an opening game planned with balloons, but apparently as it turns out when you turn a group of boys loose on an unsuspecting bag of balloons they tend to figure it out and have fun all by themselves.

Then we had our local FOS (Friends of Scouting) chair Tom speak to us.  I kicked in my part, and as a unit we exceeded our final goal of $500.  We were at 109% by the end of the night. That was a good start, but then we had the bake sale/auction.  It was the first time I had MC'd an auction like that but it worked out.  We made some money for our pack.  We also awarded the den leaders with some awards and the boys surprised me with a fun thank you card.  Then we handed out some of the boys awards, two got an advancement towards ranks bead, and one got his bobcat, complete with warpaint.

We sang a song called StrongBob ScoutPants  (to the tune of Sponegebob Squarepants).  I think the parents got as big a kick out of that one as the kids.  To top off the evening, my wife surprised the boys by wrapping "gift boxes" as the centerpieces, but instead of just empty boxes they were actually toys small toys, and each boy got one.

There was, fun, games, songs, and prizes.  It was a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment